Horizon Power safety induction and substation course
The following courses are available to Horizon Power contractors.
The Network Instruction Manual (NIM) refresher course is designed for all Horizon Power workers who are working on or near the Horizon Power network.
Step 1: sign up to the Horizon Power Learning Management System (LMS)
If you are a contractor without a Horizon Power LAN login, you will first need to sign up to our Learning Management System as illustrated below.
NB** If you already have a Horizon Power login, you do not need to sign-up as below, but simply visit https://lms.horizonpower.com.au and login using your “H or XHOR” username and password. Type your username in the following format: e.g. XHOR000@horizonpower.com.au.
- Visit the Learning Management System.
- Click Create New Account as shown below.
- The Create Account dialog appears.
- Populate First Name, Last Name, preferred Username (preferably your work email address), preferred Password and email address (preferably your work email address from your company).
- Click Sign Up.
- An activation email will be sent to your email address. Click the link in the email to activate/confirm your account creation.
- You can now login to the LMS using your username and password.
- Click on Catalog
- Click on the Field Instruction Manual Refresher course
Please note: unused accounts will be disabled after 28 days of inactivity.
Step 2: start the course
- This online training course will take approximately 5 hours to complete.
- Field Practices have chosen several relevant instructions that have been identified as high priority.
- Modules can be completed in any order.
- Depending upon the module, the instruction may take between 10-20 minutes.
- Once you have selected the instruction, you can exit at any time and recommence at your convenience.
- A percentage score will be displayed on your progress.
- This module is not competency based, this is a revision of existing instructions and no certificate will be issued on course completion.
Send us your feedback
After you complete this course, you will be able to provide feedback and rate the useability of the application. Please send feedback and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees and contractors need to complete the online Safety Induction training course.
Step 1: enrol in the course
- Enrol in the course - you will need a credit card or purchase order to proceed (see below for more information).
- Follow this instruction guide for assistance with how to log in, enter your details and start the course.
Please note: The course costs $55 per person (incl GST) and you can process your payment using a corporate credit card or purchase order number. This cost covers the e-Learning platform used to deliver the online Safety induction.
If you are paying by purchase order, please email a copy to email@example.com. Once your purchase order has been processed, you will be sent a Group Booking Code (if applicable) which you can use to access the course (see user instructions for more information).
Step 2: start the induction
The induction course will take approximately 4-5 hours to complete. On successful completion of the course, you will be issued a certificate.
If you have any issues or questions, please contact Aveling Sales Co-ordinator Caitlin Leslie:
- By phone: 9379 9999
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees and contractors who are required to work in Horizon Power Substations (Distribution & Transmission) should enrol in this course.