JIMMY O’ROURKE of Bunbury has won the Horizon Power Leadership and Innovation Award in the 2013 Regional Achievement and Community Awards. Jimmy O’Rourke won the Award from a strong field of nominees announced on Friday night 18th October at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Almost 400 guests attended the Gala event including Politicians, Mayors, Shire Presidents, sponsors and finalists, to celebrate the wonderful achievements of many of regional and rural Western Australia’s highest achievers and community groups.
Jimmy O’Rourke was presented with his Award by Frank Tudor, Managing Director of Horizon Power. Host for the evening was WIN Television’s Matt Tinney.
Winners each received a $2,000 Smart Access Bank Account from Commonwealth Bank and a trophy. The 2013 category award winners are:
- BUSSELTON FESTIVAL OF TRIATHLON – Perth Airport Events and Tourism Award
- ROEBUCK BAY WORKING GROUP of Broome – CSBP Environment Award
- ROBERT CARTER of Northam – Curtin University Teaching Excellence Award
- GEOGRAPHE CATCHMENT COUNCIL of Busselton - LandCorp Sustainability Award
- SENIORS RECREATION COUNCIL PEEL BRANCH - Prime Super Community of the Year Award
- REFAP PTY LTD of Karratha - Rinehart Development of Northern Regional WA Award
- HONOURING INDIGENOUS WAR GRAVES - Department of Aboriginal Affairs Indigenous Service Award
- JIMMY O’ROURKE of Bunbury - Horizon Power Leadership and Innovation Award
- DANDARAGAN ORGANIC BEEF - Keystart Home Loans Primary Producer of the Year Award
- GO NAREMBEEN PROGRESS ASSOCIATION INC - Department of Local Government and Communities - Community Group of the Year Award
BUSSELTON FESTIVAL OF TRIATHLON was also named the overall State winner: The Department of Regional Development Regional Achievement and Community Award winner.
JIMMY O’ROURKE of Bunbury is the Founder and Director of Growing Towards Wellness, a not-for-profit, recovery focused service provider. Since 2006, Jimmy has contributed his energy and personal resources to support more than 450 people living with, or recovering from mental illness. His work in three regional psychiatric hospitals enables and supports voluntary in-patients and out-patients to find a pathway back into the community, post hospital release.
Details about Jimmy O’Rourke are available by contacting 0417 813 348