Tips during a power outage
Power outages can be a frustrating experience. Here are some useful tips to make it a little easier.
Remember to stay well clear of fallen power lines
Contact us on 13 23 51 to report a fault or emergency.
Check out our faults & power outages
- We recommend that you switch off sensitive electronic and electrical appliances prior to the scheduled power interruption, including TVs and DVD players.
- Cordless phones do not operate without mains power, so keep a standard phone or mobile phone handy in case of an emergency.
- Automatic garage doors, security gates, lift and elevators may not operate during a power interruption, so you may wish to make alternative arrangements.
- Avoid opening fridge and freezer doors unnecessarily during planned power interruptions.
- If you have solar panels, your electricity inverter will automatically switch off when power loss occurs and switch back on when power is restored.
- After the power has been restored please ensure all alarm clocks, reticulation systems and security gates (if you have a monitored security alarm without a backup battery, advise your security company of the power interruption) have been reset.
- If you've been notified the power should be back on and it's not, check your circuit breakers before call 13 23 51 to report your fault.
You may be eligible to make a claim.
If for any reason your power supply is interrupted, and the interruption is caused by us, you may be able to make a claim for compensation. Visit our Claims section for more information.