News & events
Renewable energy industry boosted by the introduction of Horizon Power’s generation management standard
- Renewable energy industry boosted by the introduction of Horizon Power’s generation management standard
Faults & power outages
- Planned power interruption - West Pilbara - Karratha
- Planned power interruption - West Kimberley - Broome
- Planned power interruption - East Pilbara - Port Hedland
- Planned power interruption - Goldfields Esperance - 15 August
- Planned power interruption - East Kimberley - Wyndham
- Planned power interruption - West Kimberley- Broome
- Planned power interruption - Goldfields Esperance - 14 August
- Planned power interruption - Carnarvon
- Faults & power outages
- Manage My Account
- About us
Help & support
Bills and payments
- Why is my power bill so high?
- How can I reduce my power bill by being energy efficient?
- How do I read my electricity bill?
- Why have I been charged a supply charge?
- How can I pay my power bill?
- I haven’t paid my power bill by the due date. Will I be disconnected?
- I can’t afford to pay my power bill. What can I do?
- What is the renewable energy buyback offer?
- What is the current renewable energy buyback rate?
- Am I eligible to participate in the renewable energy buyback offer?
- How much does it cost to apply for the renewable energy buyback offer?
- Where can I go for more information about installing solar?
- I’m a residential renewable energy buyback participant. When will I see the credit on my electricity bill?
- Which solar power system is right for me?
- Will my solar power system pay for itself in a few years?
- How much will a solar system cost to install?
- Do I need approval from my local council to install solar panels?
- Who are the approved solar power system suppliers in my area?
- Why is there a limit on the solar capacity for each town?
- How do I add solar panels to an existing renewable energy system?
- How do I increase the size of an inverter of an existing renewable energy system?
- I am moving into a home or premise with an existing renewable energy system. What do I need to do?
- Can I install a renewable energy system on my investment property?
- Can I apply for the renewable energy buyback offer if I already have a system installed?
- What product standards must accredited solar installers adhere to?
- I am a prepay meter customer. Can I install a renewable energy system?
- Can I install a renewable energy system in my town?
- How much will I be paid for the electricity my solar system feeds back to Horizon Power?
- How do I set up direct debit on my electricity account?
- I’m moving house – how do I open or close my electricity account?
- What other fees and charges may I have to pay with regards to my electricity account?
- How do I change my tariff?
- How do I know which tariff I am on?
- Why have tariffs increased in recent years?
- How much do I pay for my electricity?
- I have a prepayment meter (PPM). Who can I contact if I have a question?
- How do I update the details on my electricity account?
- How do I find out my electricity account balance?
- Can I view my previous power bills?
- Where can I view my energy consumption?
- Can I access my electricity account online?
- Can I register for paperless billing?
Connecting and disconnecting
- Where do I start with getting electricity when building a new house?
- How long will it take to get a new connection?
- New connections – what other forms do I need to complete?
- How do I move an asset/streetlight?
- What is underground power?
- How do I apply for an underground connection?
- How much will an underground connection cost?
- I am moving an oversize (wide/high) load (vehicle). What distance do I need to keep from powerlines?
- How do I apply for an oversize vehicle movement permit?
- I want to temporarily disconnect power to my property. What do I do?
- How do I find a licensed electrician?
- How do I reconnect my meter?
- My meter box is locked. Who holds the key to the meter box?
- Do I still need to leave a note in the meter box about the safety switch being off before the power can be reconnected?
- How long does the new meter take to be ready for reconnection after a new account is opened?
- Faults and emergencies
- What is the uniform tariff policy?
- What is cost reflective pricing?
- Why do I need to give Horizon Power access to my meter? I have a dog/locked gates.
- How do I read my meter?
- Who do I contact if I have a question?
- I rely on life support equipment – what should I do?
- I rent a house. Do I need to open an electricity account?
- What rebates and subsidies are available?
- How do I apply for a rebate or subsidy?
- Is there a local office I can contact?
- How do I make a complaint?
- Are there any jobs or careers at Horizon Power?
- What competitions are there?
- How do I apply for sponsorship?
- Why do I need to keep trees away from powerlines?
- Am I responsible for trimming trees?
- When should I trim trees?
- How do I find someone who is qualified to trim trees?
- What are Residual Current Devices?
- How do I know if I am in Horizon Power’s service area?
- How do I know if I have private powerlines or poles on my property?
- What do I do if I have private power poles on my property?
- What is a CT meter?
- Bills and payments
Contractors & suppliers
- Manuals and standards
- Online Horizon Power safety induction
- Contractor resources
- Metering services
- Network contractor authorisation
- Preliminary and completion notices
- Information for suppliers
- Working near electrical networks
- Freedom of Information (FOI) guidelines
- Carnarvon Distributed Energy Resources (DER) trial