Renewable energy system connection application form
This is an application to connect your renewable energy system to Horizon Power’s electricity network or make changes to your existing renewable energy system.
Please make sure that you carefully read the information and documents on this page and seek advice if you do not understand any part of them.
The Renewable Energy Buyback agreement has three key components:
- The application form: this form, which you must complete.
- The contract: if your application is accepted, then you will enter into a contract with Horizon Power, and must comply with the terms and conditions contained in it (see below).
- The Technical Requirements document: this sets out the Technical Requirements that you must comply with under your contract with Horizon Power. This will be either the Basic Micro EG or LV EG Connection Technical Requirements, depending on the size of the system you choose to install. You may be required to include Generation Management details in your application.
A breach of a Technical Requirement may constitute a breach of your contract. Importantly, if your application is accepted, you must comply with your contract and the Technical Requirements, even if you do not intend to sell any excess electricity to Horizon Power. Horizon Power may undertake compliance audits of the system. In some cases we may need to visit the premises to inspect the installation and will be in touch to arrange a suitable time with you. You must provide full unrestricted access to the system to the Horizon Power personnel or authorised Horizon Power contractor undertaking the audit.
Please note the changes to Horizon Power’s Technical Requirements and eligibility rules, effective 1 July 2019.
There are two types of contract. The contract that will apply to you is determined by Horizon Power’s eligibility requirements
- Renewable Energy Buyback terms and conditions (previously known as our REBS product): this applies to “REBS eligible customers” within the meaning of Regulation 3 of the Electricity Industry (Licence Conditions) Regulations 2005 (WA). In general terms, a REBS eligible customer is a customer with a renewable energy system of up to 5 kW and who is: on the A2, C2, D2 tariff; or is an educational institution.
- Renewable Energy Commercial Buyback terms and conditions (previously known as our Commercial REBS product): this applies to all other customers. Please make sure that you carefully read these documents and seek advice if you do not understand any part of them.
Horizon Power Buyback Terms and Conditions - Residential
*Please note: this contract applies to "REBS eligible customers" within the meaning of Regulation 3 of the Electricity Industry (Licence Conditions) Regulations 2005 (WA). In general terms, a REBS eligible customer is a customer with a renewable energy system of up to five kilowatts and who is on the A2, C2, D2 tariff; or is an educational institution.
Horizon Power Buyback Terms and Conditions - Commercial
Basic Micro EG Connection (Single phase <=10kVA or Three phase <=30kVA)
There are no fees to apply to install a renewable energy system or to participate in our buyback offer for standard applications (systems that do not include Renewable Energy Smoothing or Feed-In Management). However, a meter re-configuration fee may apply once your system is installed. This fee will appear on your first bill.
In many of our towns, the Basic Micro EG solar energy systems can only be installed if it is provisioned for FIM. In addition to your panels and inverter, you will need to install a power outlet and an enclosure box so the system can be retrofitted with a FIM device at a later date. Please refer to the Technical Requirements and the Eligibility calculator to find out if this requirement applies to you. Your installer can also explain this to you in more detail.
If your system is provisioned for Feed-In Management and we determine, in the future, that a FIM device is required, we will retrofit your system with a device in your enclosure. Both the FIM device and the retrofit will be at Horizon Power’s cost. We will contact you to discuss any changes to your renewable energy system before it takes place.
LV EG Connection (>30kVA to 200kVA or >200kVA to 1,000kVA)
For those applications that require more detailed technical assessments or which require Feed-In Management, at the time of installation, your application may be subject to additional fees and charges, including but not limited to:
- System Impact Study (SIS) charges for LV EG Connections up to 200kVA of $3,651
- System Impact Study (SIS) charges for LV EG Connections greater than 200kVA of $10,430
- Feed-in Management (FIM) charges of $14,000
- Meter re-programming fee of $26.00
Horizon Power will advise you of any additional fees and charges as part of the application process.
All prices are effective 1 July 2019 and are inclusive of GST.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of applications and the current processing time is 30 days. We appreciate your patience during this time.
We will notify both you and your installer in writing to let you know the outcome of your application In some cases, we require additional time to assess your application. Please refer below for estimated processing times.
Basic Micro EG Connection (total inverter capacity >5kVA and ≤30kVA)
Horizon Power may need to undertake a more detailed Technical Assessment of your application. These checks are necessary to ensure you can safely connect to the electricity grid, without impacting on the reliability of supply to the town. We will contact you if we require further information to complete this assessment. Once we receive all of the necessary information, please allow an additional 30 business days for the technical assessment to be completed.
LV EG Connection (total inverter capacity >30kVA)
In addition to a Technical Assessment specified above, we will also undertake detailed System Impact Studies for your application. We will contact you if we require further information to complete this assessment. Once we receive all of the necessary information, please allow an additional 60 business days for the Technical Assessment and System Impact Studies to be completed.
Installing your system
Your system must be installed and Horizon Power must have received and accepted a preliminary and completion notice from your contractor within three months of the approved application, otherwise the approval to connect will lapse and you must reapply. You will be advised if your application has lapsed. Please note that this process may take longer for larger systems that require detailed technical assessments and generation management.
Please seek assistance from your installer or authorised representative to complete this form. If you have any questions about this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.