Renewable energy system connection application form
This is an application to connect your renewable energy system to Horizon Power’s electricity network or make changes to your existing renewable energy system.
Please make sure that you carefully read the information and documents on this page and seek advice if you do not understand any part of them.
The Renewable Energy Buyback agreement has three key components:
- The application form: this form, which you must complete.
- The contract: if your application is accepted, then you will enter into a contract with Horizon Power, and must comply with the terms and conditions contained in it (see below).
- The Technical Requirements document: this sets out the Technical Requirements that you must comply with under your contract with Horizon Power. This will be either the Basic Micro EG or LV EG Connection Technical Requirements, depending on the size of the system you choose to install. You may be required to include Generation Management details in your application.
A breach of a Technical Requirement may constitute a breach of your contract. Importantly, if your application is accepted, you must comply with your contract and the Technical Requirements, even if you do not intend to sell any excess electricity to Horizon Power. Horizon Power may undertake compliance audits of the system. In some cases we may need to visit the premises to inspect the installation and will be in touch to arrange a suitable time with you. You must provide full unrestricted access to the system to the Horizon Power personnel or authorised Horizon Power contractor undertaking the audit.
Please note the changes to Horizon Power’s Technical Requirements and eligibility rules, effective 1 July 2019.
There are two types of contract. The contract that will apply to you is determined by Horizon Power’s eligibility requirements
- Renewable Energy Buyback terms and conditions (previously known as our REBS product): this applies to “REBS eligible customers” within the meaning of Regulation 3 of the Electricity Industry (Licence Conditions) Regulations 2005 (WA). In general terms, a REBS eligible customer is a customer with a renewable energy system of up to 5 kW and who is: on the A2, C2, D2 tariff; or is an educational institution.
- Renewable Energy Commercial Buyback terms and conditions (previously known as our Commercial REBS product): this applies to all other customers. Please make sure that you carefully read these documents and seek advice if you do not understand any part of them.
Horizon Power Buyback Terms and Conditions - Residential
*Please note: this contract applies to "REBS eligible customers" within the meaning of Regulation 3 of the Electricity Industry (Licence Conditions) Regulations 2005 (WA). In general terms, a REBS eligible customer is a customer with a renewable energy system of up to five kilowatts and who is on the A2, C2, D2 tariff; or is an educational institution.
Horizon Power Buyback Terms and Conditions - Commercial
There are no fees to apply to install a renewable energy system or to participate in our buyback offer for standard applications (systems that do not include generation or Feed-In Management). However, a meter re-configuration fee may apply once your system is installed. This fee will appear on your first bill.
For those applications that require more detailed technical assessments or which require Feed-In Management or Feed-In Management provisioning, your application may be subject to additional fees and charges, including but not limited to:
- Feed-in Management (FIM) charges of $14,000
- FIM provisioning to be discussed with your installer
- System Impact Study (SIS) charges of $3,615 (up to 1 MW) or $10,430 (greater than 1 MW)
- Renewable energy smoothing witness test charges (to be quoted)
- Meter re-programming fee of $26.00
Horizon Power will advise you of any additional fees and charges as part of the application process.
We will assess your application and either provide you with written approval or inform you that Horizon Power does not accept your application and a summary of the reasons why.
Your system must be installed and Horizon Power must have received and accepted a preliminary and completion notice from your contractor within three months of the approved application, otherwise the approval to connect will lapse and you must reapply. You will be advised if your application has lapsed. Please note that this process may take longer for larger systems that require detailed technical assessments and generation management.
Please seek assistance from your installer or authorised representative to complete this form. If you have any questions about this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.