Renewable energy system connection application form
This is an application to connect your renewable energy system to Horizon Power’s electricity network or make changes to your existing renewable energy system. Please make sure that you carefully read the information and documents on this page and seek advice if you do not understand any part of them.
We will assess your application and either provide you with written approval or inform you that Horizon Power does not accept your application and a summary of the reasons why. Please seek assistance from your installer or authorised representative to complete this form. If you have any questions about this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Renewable Energy Buyback agreement has three key components:
- The application form: this form, which you must complete.
- The contract: if your application is accepted, then you will enter into a contract with Horizon Power, and must comply with the terms and conditions contained in it (see below).
- The Technical Requirements document: this sets out the Technical Requirements that you must comply with under your contract with Horizon Power. This will be either the Basic Micro EG or LV EG Connection Technical Requirements, depending on the size of the system you choose to install. You may be required to include Generation Management details in your application.
A breach of a Technical Requirement may constitute a breach of your contract. Importantly, if your application is accepted, you must comply with your contract and the Technical Requirements, even if you do not intend to sell any excess electricity to Horizon Power.
Please note the changes to Horizon Power’s Technical Requirements and eligibility rules, effective 1 July 2019. <link to more info about changes>
There are two types of contract. The contract that will apply to you is determined by Horizon Power’s eligibility requirements
- Renewable Energy Buyback terms and conditions (previously known as our REBS product): this applies to “REBS eligible customers” within the meaning of Regulation 3 of the Electricity Industry (Licence Conditions) Regulations 2005 (WA). In general terms, a REBS eligible customer is a customer with a renewable energy system of up to 5 kW and who is: on the A2, C2, D2 tariff; or is an educational institution.
- Renewable Energy Commercial Buyback terms and conditions (previously known as our Commercial REBS product): this applies to all other customers. Please make sure that you carefully read these documents and seek advice if you do not understand any part of them.
Horizon Power Buyback Terms and Conditions - Residential
*Please note: this contract applies to "REBS eligible customers" within the meaning of Regulation 3 of the Electricity Industry (Licence Conditions) Regulations 2005 (WA). In general terms, a REBS eligible customer is a customer with a renewable energy system of up to five kilowatts and who is on the A2, C2, D2 tariff; or is an educational institution.
Horizon Power Buyback Terms and Conditions - Commercial
There are no fees to apply to install a renewable energy system or to participate in our buyback offer for standard applications (systems that do not include generation or feed in management).
For those applications that require more detailed technical assessments, your application may be subject to the following fees and charges, where required:
- Feed-in Management (FiM) charges/ fees shall apply, if FiM is required
- System Impact Study (SIS) fees shall apply, if SIS is required
- Renewable energy smoothing witness test fees shall apply, if required