How to apply
Before you start the application process, you need to know what you are eligible to apply for. Use our eligibility calculator to find out more.
Before you decide to invest, discuss your options with an accredited installer. A list of accredited installers and some other useful information for households is available on the Clean Energy Council website.
Is your installer also a licensed electrician? Some installers are licensed electricians and can complete the installation for you. If your chosen installer is not an electrician, you will need to hire an Energy Safety licensed approved contractor to complete the installation process for you.
Your installer will help you with the application form. You can complete and submit your application by post or email your application to us on the details provided on the form.
What else can you apply for?
You can use this application form to:
- Add panels to an existing system
- Increase the size of an inverter
- Apply the renewable energy buyback offer to an existing/installed renewable energy system
Assessment of your application
We will notify both you and your installer in writing within 10 working days to let you know if your application has been approved. We may request additional information during this time.
When you receive approval in writing you can proceed with buying and installing a system.
If your application is approved, fees may apply. Speak to a customer service representative for more information.
Please note: The technical assessment of generation managed systems will take longer and fees may apply. Discuss this with your installer.
Terms and Conditions
*Please note: this contract applies to "REBS eligible customers" within the meaning of Regulation 3 of the Electricity Industry (Licence Conditions) Regulations 2005 (WA). In general terms, a REBS eligible customer is a customer with a renewable energy system of up to five kilowatts and who is on the A2, C2, D2 tariff; or is an educational institution.
Once your application has been approved, your installer can proceed with the installation and get you connected.
Forms you need to submit:
- A licensed electrical contractor must complete a preliminary notice three days before the system is installed.
- Once the installation is complete, the electrical contractor must submit a completion notice within three days.
- Please note: Your system must be installed and Horizon Power must have received and accepted a preliminary and completion notice within three months of the approved application, otherwise the approval to connect lapses and you must reapply if you wish to install a system in the future. You will be advised if your application has lapsed.
Once we have received the completion notice, we will exchange or reconfigure your meter so that it measures the amount of electricity you are exporting back to the network and any electricity you are using from the network. Fees are as follows;
- Meter exchange – $257 fee
- Reconfigure your existing meter – $66 fee.
Generation management customers please note:
Due to energy storage devices ageing, we need to ensure that the generation management requirements will be met beyond the date of installation. It is required that we test the installation on an annual basis and a fee may apply.