Please see below for a list of general Codes, Publications, Policies, Acts and Regulations.
- Australian Standards
- Code of Practice “Safe Low Voltage Work Practice by Electricians”
- Code of Practice for Inspectors (Electricity)
- Electrical Licensing Acts and Regulations
- EnergySafety website
- EnergySafety - Guidelines for the management of vegetation near powerlines
- EnergySafety - Guidelines for work in the vicinity of Overhead power lines
- EnergySafety - Licensing
- Horizon Power Corporate Policies
- Horizon Power Electrical contractor information guidelines
- Private power poles and lines
- State Law Publisher
- Utility Providers Code of Practice
- WA Electrical Requirements (WAER)
- WA Distribution Connections Manual (WADCM)
In Western Australia, regulations do not permit unlicensed persons to work on electrical installations. Additional conditions apply to the licensing of electrical contractors including advertising as, or contracting to perform such work.
For enquiries regarding licensing, the qualifications to work, to undertake work, and/or to contract to perform electrical work on electrical installations please visit the Energy Safety website.
It is important to ensure that both individual (electrical worker) and business (electrical contractor or in-house) licenses are correctly registered and maintained. Visit the Energy Safety website to update your details.
Please note: Horizon Power does not support contractor connect schemes.